Fun FREE challenge!
The weigh-in at Mt. Zion Public Library will be held on January 22nd from 3:30 pm – 6:30 pm.
(1) Get your team together.
(2) Go online and register!
(3) Bring your team to Mt. Zion Public Library on Tuesday, January 22nd between the hours of 3:30 pm – 6:30 pm!
(4) Get Healthy!
If you would like to contact the Mt. Zion Public Library call Vicki @ 770-832-0056 ext. 104
2013 Get Healthy West Georgia Weight Loss Challenge
The Get Healthy West Georgia Weight Loss Challenge is a free 12 week program in which teams and individuals compete to lose weight, increase exercise and improve nutrition. Team formation is encouraged as team weight loss and exercise is fun and effective as it harnesses the power of positive peer pressure, the excitement of achieving goals with team mates and the thrill of competition. Prizes will be awarded to winners in team and individual categories.
- Registration: Jan. 4 – Jan. 27
- Initial weigh-in: Jan. 21 – Jan. 27
- Challenge period: Jan. 28 – April 20
- Final weigh-in: April 22 – April 28
- Winners announced: May 4
- Must be age 18 or over and live or work in Carroll, Haralson or Heard counties.
- Must have BMI of 25 of greater to be eligible for challenge weight loss prizes. Those with BMI of less than 25 may participate in the program and be eligible for prizes based on points for participation.
- This is a team and individual weight loss challenge.
- Teams may consist of 5 to 10 members. Team members may be family, friends or co-workers who live or work in Carroll, Haralson or Heard counties.
- Individuals may compete in the individual category.
- Initial weigh-in will be conducted Jan. 21 – Jan. 27 at official weigh-in locations throughout Carroll, Haralson and Heard counties.
- An organization (company, church, club, etc.) may schedule an official weigh-in date if they have over 20 participants in the program. Call 770.836.9282 to arrange this.
- A Get Healthy West Georgia staff member will measure “official” height, weight and optional waist circumference and enter them into the computer for initial and final weights.
- Final weigh-in will be conducted April 22 – April 28 at official weigh-in locations.
- Weekly weigh-in is encouraged and will be entered in the challenge on an individual basis by the user. These are not “official” weights.
- The grand prize will be an Apple iPad 2. The winner will be randomly selected from the individuals who have lost at least 10% of their weight during the program.
- Prizes will be awarded in team and individual categories for percentage weight loss and points earned during the challenge. Other prizes will be awarded throughout the challenge and at the challenge celebration on May 4.
- All participants who participate in the final weigh in will receive a T shirt.
How do I join?
- Go to www.GetHealthyWestGeorgia.org. Click on Get Started. Register as a new user (or log in if you are already registered). Complete a short health assessment. Accept the invitation to join the challenge.
- Please register on-line before the initial weigh-in.
How do I start teams in my organization?
- Once you are registered at www.GetHealthyWestGeorgia.org, you will be able to set up your team. Each team must be between 5 to 10 members. If you have more people interested in participating, simply set up additional teams with different team captains. When you create a team, you will be given a team code. You will send this code to the people in your organization and they can join by using the code.
- Get Healthy West Georgia staff will come out to your organization to do the initial weigh-in if you have at least 20 participants in the program. It is helpful if you have a scale on-site that can be used throughout the program.
- Many companies and organizations are doing their own challenges within the 2013 Weight Loss Challenge. Some are competing against departments in the organization; some are putting in additional prizes for their members, etc. Do what motivates your team members!
If you have any questions, please read the FAQ at www.GetHealthyWestGeorgia.org. If your questions are not answered or you would like to schedule an official weigh-in at your company or organization, please call Gina Brandenburg at 770.836.9282.
Book Sales are available during regular library hours, and feature the sale of books, magazines, and videos, all at reasonable prices.
Proceeds from book sales fund new books for the library.
(next door to the library)