Some eReaders have software that blocks transfers from the 3M Cloud Library for PC. The newer Sony eReaders have this problem. So, here is a way to work around the problem. Note: we cannot get this to work for regular Kindles.
Please make sure your device is fully updated before giving up on the transfer from the 3M Cloud Library. Sometimes all the problem turns out to be is a missed update on your device.
Set Up on the Computer
- Make sure Adobe Digital Editions is installed. Do not have it? Get Adobe Digital Editions here.
- Authenticate Adobe Digital Editions with your personal Adobe ID. Get an Adobe ID here if you do not have one.
- Download the 3M Cloud Library software–this is under “Getting Started” on our this 3M Cloud Library Tutorial page. Learn to use the computer app and check out a book. NOTE: as you have authenticated your computer with the Adobe ID first, 3M Cloud should use this ID as well.
Transfer to the Device
- Connect your device to the computer.
- In the 3M software choose the “My Books” tab and open the book you wish to transfer. This makes sure that the book is downloaded to your computer, and the adobe authentication is applied to it.
- On your computer, pull up “My Documents->My Digital Editions.” Any epub book downloaded on your computer should be stored here.
- Move the epub file into the proper folder for ebooks on your reader. (On a Sony there is an ebooks folder under “Media”.)
- Eject your device from the computer.
Device: book says it cannot be opened/is expired.
When a book is transferred to the device, the 3M Cloud Library attaches a due date to the book. Once your checkout time has expired (total of 14 days from checkout) the book files will corrupt on the eReader, and you will no longer be able to open the book. If this is happening and the checkout time is not yet over, see solution below.
Book Just Checked Out/Transferred
- Open your 3M Cloud Library software.
- In the My Books tab, click on the book cover to open it inside the app. This makes sure that all parts of the book are downloaded properly.
- Re-transfer the book to your device.
Device: how to delete a book from the eReader when finished.
While this will vary slightly by device, the general idea is the same.
- Plug your eReader into the computer.
- When the AutoPlay dialog box comes up, choose “Open device to view files.” If the AutoPlay box does not appear, go to Start–>My Computer, and click on the device.
- Click into the storage on your device, and into the folder on the device where the ebook is stored (on many devices this folder is called Digital Editions). Delete the file for the book.