Requirements for a Library Card:
1. Proof of residence, property ownership, education, or employment in Georgia and/or photo ID
2. Signature of Parent or Legal Guardian if under 18
3. For non-residents of Georgia, $25 annual fee
Temporary Library Cards:
1. Limited to 6 months and 5-item checkout
2. Proof of home and temporary residences required
3. $12.50 fee
Books 2 weeks
eBooks 2 weeks
AudioBooks 2 weeks
Magazines 2 weeks (magazines can be checked out at some libraries)
Music on CD/cassette 2 weeks
DVDs & Videos 1 week
Projectors & Screens 1 day
Up to 50 items per library card may be checked out, but there is a limit of 3 items per subject area. There is a limit of 1 eBook checkout at this time, while the new collection is growing.
All items except bestsellers, eBooks, videos, and DVDs may be renewed up to two times as long as no other library patron is waiting for the item. Materials may be renewed online in the PINES catalog (with PIN), and in the library or by phone with library card in hand.
All books in the PINES catalog , and all audio visual materials in WGRL libraries, may be requested, except brand new items. Materials may be requested online in the PINES catalog (with PIN), and in the library or by phone with library card in hand.
There is a one-day grace period for all overdue books before overdue fines being accruing.
20¢ per day Books ($5 max)
10¢ per day Cassettes, CDs, Magazines ($5 max)
50¢ per day Bestsellers, DVDs, Interlibrary Loans, Projectors & Screens, Videos ($5 max)
1. Replacement library cards are $2.
2. Printing and photocopying 15¢ per page (Bowdon & Villa Rica Libraries 25¢ per page).
Lost Library Books & Materials
Payment for Lost library materials includes the replacement cost plus a non-refundable $3 processing fee.
If a lost item is found and returned to the library with a receipt within 6 months of payment, a refund of the paid replacement cost, minus the overdue fines that have accrued, will be given.